Here is how I configured my security settings:
- I set a system wide Master Password to unlock a file vault in case a user forgets his or her password.
- Turned on Require password to wake computer from sleep or screen saver. This will minimize instances when someone can just walk up and start using the Mac without authenticating first. I also made sure that the screen saver is set to engage in 10 minutes or less.
- Turned on Disabled Automatic Login.
- Turned on require a system password to change any system setting. This way, even if someone finds my PC while it is on, they won't be able to change system settings without knowing the admin password.
- I left the auto-logout featured turned off. This is so programs can run in the background without being logged off.
- I don't know enough about Use Secure Virtual Memory option to use it. "Secure Virtual Memory - Improve the security of your important information by ensuring that transitory data stored in virtual memory remains private. "