It looks like we are back to search for a new home. The inspection report came back on the home we had found, and it uncovered more problems than the unfinished renovation. I need to decide now if it is worth to go back to the negotiating table or if we are better off searching for a new home altogether.
Some of the major problems found are:
- Need a new roof - $35,000
- Pest Control - $10,000
- New deck - $20,000
This on top of a remodel that needs finishing, yard that needs new landscape, and appliances that need to be purchased. I knew and expected these 3 items, but the roof, deck, and pests were not in my plan or budget.
We have 10 days to decide, but I think the search is going to resume and we will pass on this house after all.
Bummer, as we had loved the location, the architecture, the interior design, and the property.