• Canon 5D DSLR (12.9 MP, FF) - 810g
• Cannon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 USM - 600g
• Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM - 1800g
This would give me wide angle and long reach zoom.
A 1.4x extender would give me 700 mm at f/8.
• Canon EF 1.4X II extender - 220g
A 2x extender would give me up to 1000 mm and f/11 lens, which means no auto-focus, and too dark. May as well leave the 2x extender at home.
Total kit weight is 3430g or 7.56 lbs - not bad.
But this selection does not have a lens with image stabilization, maybe I should stick with the
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM at 1380g
420g less weight, but 100 mm less reach, but image stabilization!